Thank you for your willingness to set up refreshments for after church. This time of fellowship is important in our church life.
Try to arrive by 10:30 a.m. to set up
Please join the welcomer in the sanctuary at 10:40 a.m. to pray for the service.
Supplies are kept in a box in the kitchen cupboard to the right of the dishwasher. Coffee, tea, sugar and juice crystals are replenished regularly. Let the office know if the supplies are running low
***You will need to bring milk or cream yourself.*** Homo milk works well for both tea and coffee.
1. Use the coffee maker that is kept in the lower cupboard to the left of the stove. Use cold water from the bar tap on the triple sinks. Usually 40 to 50 cups are enough. Fair trade coffee is in the box or might be found in the freezer above the fridge.
4 cups coffee – 40 cups water
4 ½ cups coffee – 50 cups water
5 cups coffee – 60 cups water
6 cups coffee – 80 cups water
2. Set the coffee percolator on the table in the northeast corner of the Gathering Room and plug in there. Start the coffee at 10:30 a.m. and make sure the percolator is working before you go up to church. Place the plastic protector on the spout of the coffee maker to catch the coffee drips.
3. Start the kettles heating on the stove for tea and turn down to low before going up to church. Teapots are in the lower cupboard to the left of the dishwasher – use 2 to 3 tea bags per pot (2 pots)
4. Mix up a jug of juice and place it in the fridge to cool. Plastic juice jugs are in the lower cupboard with the teapots. Check in the fridge ahead to see if there is juice left over from a previous event and use it
5. Set out trays of 40 to 50 china mugs for coffee and a tray of juice glasses. Set out a couple of sugar bowls and 2 or 3 cream pitchers ready to be filled. Set out a few spoons to stir coffee.
6. PLEASE ARRANGE 3 OR 4 CHAIRS ALONGSIDE A SMALL TABLE FOR SEATING FOR OUR SENIORS.
1. Come downstairs during the final hymn.
2. Make the tea.
3. Pour the milk and place it on the serving table with the sugar. Replenish it during coffee hour
4. Pour the juice into glasses and set them in the second window for people to help themselves.
1. Wash the dishes using the dishwasher, following the instructions posted. It helps to turn the dishwasher on as the coffee hour begins so it can warm up. Dishes should be air dried rather than dried with a dish towel. When washing is complete, turn the switch at the bottom of the dishwasher to "drain-off" and push the handle down so the machine is emptied.
2. If doing the dishes by hand, use 3 sinks:
i) hot soapy water
ii) hot clear rinse
iii) bleach rinse – use 1 cap of Javex or use bleach powder
3. Dispose of coffee grounds in the compost container under the island on the parking lot side.
4. Rinse the coffee maker.
***When putting the coffee maker away, please leave the lid loose so air can get inside.***